Flood damage – impacts service
March 10, 2022
As you may already be aware South East Queensland was hit hard with the heavy rainfall two weeks ago which has resulted in damaging floods to Brisbane and surrounding areas. Unfortunately, our building at 154 Melbourne Street South Brisbane did not escape damage.We were originally advised by our building manager that we should be able to access the building on 11 March 2022. Initially we anticipated limited disruption to our services. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case and the building will remain closed until 1 April 2022 at this stage. What does this mean for you
- We are currently unable to receive posted mail. Any mail posted prior to and up until 11 March 2022 has not been received or actioned. This includes any cheques. We are continuing to liaise with Australia Post to find an acceptable solution for this. Anything posted will not be responded to or actioned at this time
- We can only respond to email communication
- We strongly recommend using our online services to submit applications, submissions and replies to email@example.com
- We also strongly recommend paying any fees online at www.qld.gov.au/bodycorporatepayments . We are currently unable to process fee payments over the phone.
- There may be some delays in the progression of files through the case management process and to your enquiries from our Case Managers
- Our Information and Community Education Unit is operating at full capacity with minimal disruption. They can be contacted on 1800 060 119 or online at www.qld.gov.au/bodycorporatequestion
- There are no disruptions to our conciliation services. However, we are being flexible to accommodate our flood impacted clients. Therefore, rescheduling of matters may cause delays for some clients.
We appreciate your patience with us while we manage our way through these challenging times. Sarah Zeilder Acting Commissioner for Body Corporate and Community Management