COMMUNITY EDUCATION SEMINARS – GOLD COAST NEXT WEEK!
September 28, 2023
There is still time to register to attend the Gold Coast Strata Education Seminar taking place next week. With a number of attendees already registered and an impressive presenter line-up, the seminar will address EV Risk Mitigation and consider Solar – is it worth it?
This week we are eager to announce our expert Lawyer panellist who will speak at our upcoming Gold Coast seminar we are hosting. Future legal requirements for bodies corporate adopting EV’s and the known legal requirements including managing risks and how can they be mitigated are key areas to be discussed.
Introducing Tom Robinson, Partner – OMB Solicitors
Tom joined OMB Solicitors in August 2013 and works mainly in the area of Body Corporate Law. His expertise in Body Corporate expands across all areas including but not limited to, providing general advice to bodies corporate and their committees, assignment of management rights, variations to management rights, caretaker performance reviews, enforcement of by-laws, drafting by-laws and new community management statements, building defects, building/rectification works and contract review, levy recovery, general disputes and caretaker disputes.
Tom was admitted into practice as a solicitor in Queensland in February 2014 after obtaining his Juris Doctor from Bond University in 2013. He was also admitted to the High Court of Australia in April 2014 and holds a Bachelor of Business majoring in Management and Marketing from Griffith University (2008).
Want to hear Tom talk about how Bodies Corporate can best prepare themselves legally for the upcoming EV revolution? He will be speaking at our Gold Coast seminar which there is still time to register for.
In this seminar series our panel of strata experts will explore:
- Electric Vehicle Safety – What are the risks and how can they be mitigated? EV safety has emerged as a concern for committees charged with exploring future infrastructure requirements for their communities adopting EV’s. The known safety risks associated with EV’s including charging stations and how can they be mitigated are key areas to be discussed.
- Solar Panels – What is the cost vs benefit and how is installation approved? Viability and the approval process is another area of increasing interest due to ever rising energy costs. Come along to hear about viability considerations for the community and individual owner installs including approval requirements needed for the varying location and supply types.
Gold Coast – Register
Thursday 5th Oct 2023, Southport Sharks, Cnr Olsen Ave & Musgrave Ave QLD 4215. 4.00pm arrival for 4.30pm start
Delicious hot and cold canapés and beverages are provided with easy onsite parking.
- Warren Wagland – Archers the Strata Professionals
- Seth Atkinson – Terawatt
- Tom Robinson – OMB Solicitors
- Ben Humphreys – HumEnergy
The event will be hosted by Adam Ford, Partner, Archers the Strata Professionals.
These seminars will also be a great opportunity for you to interact with our strata service specialists at their exhibition stand. We welcome you to the following strata service specialists you will be able to engage with and ask your strata questions.
- Archers the Strata Professionals
- Express Glass
- Marsh Advantage Insurance
- Strata Compliance Solutions
- OMB Solicitors
- Macquarie Bank
- Strata Community Association (SCA QLD)
- Diverse Group Consulting
- Smart Strata
Article Contributed by Smart Strata
The post COMMUNITY EDUCATION SEMINARS – GOLD COAST NEXT WEEK! appeared first on Smart Strata | Body Corporate Management.