Cairns and South East Qld restrictions easing from 4pm Friday 20 August 2021
August 18, 2021
From Friday 20 August 2021, 4pm South East Queensland LGAs will have some restrictions eased. These restrictions will remain in the regions until 27 August 2021, and if no further developments occur over the next week they will come in line with the current restrictions in the rest of Queensland. The current restrictions in the Cairns area will be eased as of 4pm 20 August 2021 in line with the rest of Queensland. SCA (Qld) recommends members follow the advice as per the Queensland Health website. If any changes are announced before 20 August, SCA (Qld) will update members as soon as possible.
South East Queensland Restrictions
For members in impacted parts of South East Queensland, SCA (Qld) advises you to make your committees aware of the following restrictions as of Friday 20 August:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor settings outside of your home, except when eating or drinking or undertaking vigorous exercise, or in your private vehicle. Masks are not required outdoors if you can physically distance from those around you. You must carry a face mask with you at all times, unless you have a lawful reason not to. Masks are not required in indoor workplaces if you can socially distance.
- Private gatherings: 30 people maximum including residents, visitors and children. The body corporate must encourage physical distancing to the extent reasonably practical. Gathering is not defined as transiting common property.
- All indoor settings: 1 person per 4 square metres. Smaller venues (200 square metres) can operate with 1 person per 2 square metres up to 50 people
- Outdoor settings: 1 person per 2 square metres.
- You must be seated when eating or drinking and SCA (Qld) recommends to apply this to common property.
You must carry a face mask with you at all times. You must wear a face mask in all indoor settings outside your home, unless:
- you are alone in your car or with the members of your household
- you are eating or drinking
- you are participating in strenuous exercise
- it is unsafe.
Strata Community Association (Qld) has created template signage for managers for pass on to their committees to publish on common property.
Read the full restrictions on the QLD Health website here.
The post Cairns and South East Qld restrictions easing from 4pm Friday 20 August 2021 appeared first on Smart Strata | Body Corporate Management.