Queensland wide restrictions reinstated
June 29, 2021
From 1am, 29 June 2021, several restrictions will be reintroduced across the state. These include density caps, capacity limits and masks. Some restrictions are only applicable to South East Queensland including the following Local Government Areas:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- Moreton Bay
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
Restrictions in place for South East Queensland
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor settings outside of your home, except when eating or drinking or undertaking vigorous exercise. Masks are required outdoors when you cannot physically distance including on common property. You must carry a face mask with you at all times, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- Private gatherings: 30 people maximum including residents, visitors and children. The body corporate must encourage physical distancing to the extent reasonably practical. Gathering is not defined as transiting common property.
- All indoor settings: 1 person per 4 square metres
- You must be seated when eating or drinking and SCA (Qld) recommends to apply this to common property
Restrictions in place for all of Queensland
- All indoor settings: 1 person per 2 square metres,
- Private gatherings: limited to a maximum of 100 people
Strata Community Association (Qld) has created template signage for committees to place around their schemes to clarify the applicable restrictions for body corporate schemes.
Download the SEQ Restrictions Poster here.
Read the full list of restrictions here.
Read the full list of industries and facilities with compulsory Check in Qld requirements here.
Information current as at 28 June 2021.